Friday, September 21, 2007

Progressive Debate 102 - Banned from Pandagon

 Amanda and Jessica

Progressive Feminazi harpy Amanda Marcotte noticed my parody of her Duke comments and used the standard cowardly progressive debating technique of calling them hate and deleting them.

[Channeling a old post by Amanda Marcotte]

In the meantime, I’ve been sort of casually listening to CNN blaring throughout the waiting area and good fucking god is that channel pure evil. For awhile, I had to listen to how the poor dear students at Jena are being persecuted just because they attacked some guy, because the some of the charges have been thrown out.

    Can’t a few black youths assault a white boy anymore without people getting all wound up about it?

    So unfair.

She earns my disdain and the title feminazi for calling anyone who disagrees with her about Jena by pointing out that black "innocents" in the case really did assault a white male, a white supremacist.

Having to deal with the white supremacists who want to stink up your comments when you blog stuff like this is a disincentive, I’ll point out. Which of course is what said white supremacists are trying to achieve, the silencing of bloggers on this. That said, the silencing efforts should be a clue to bloggers about how important this issue is that people want to silence you about it.

Amazing, she deletes the comments that disagrees with her and claims that the other side is silencing people.

Amanda also forgets that the accused in the Duke rape hoax were declared innocent by the NC AG and all the evidence shows that they were innocent.

Absolutely. I’m not making excuses so much as pointing out that there’s a concentrated harassment and silencing effort on certain issues. The Duke case is a big one; I have opinions, but the very idea of expressing them and having to deal with the horrible racists out there who feel vindicated because they lucked into a bad prosecutor gives me a headache. Same with this case; when it first came to my attention, I thought, “That’s going to be relentless troll bait.” I had a lot of thoughts about it as a case that really has potential to be a stand-out case of our time after hearing Common mention it at the Austin City Limits Festival, but I won’t lie, I pussed out, too exhausted to cobble together something barn-storming enough to give people energy to fight off trolls. You also see how this sort of non-stop harassment works to reduce abortion access, since a lot of doctors who’d like to perform the service simply can’t because they don’t have the personal resources to deal with the harassment. It just seems like people on the right have an endless reserve of energy to do hateful things to people who speak out. They’re like machines that run on hate or something.

Anyway, have I personally failed to step up? Yes. I admit that. I’m just looking into the whys not to defend myself but in order to suss out what I would need to work on not to fail on this sort of thing in the future. Constructive self-criticism, as it were.

Ever the victim of the racist patriarchy, Eh Amanda?

No comments: